Train Hard - Stay Humble
Time: August 21, 2011 from 11am to 6pm
Location: Carlmont High School
Street: 400 Alameda De Las Pulgas
Website or Map: http://maps.google.com/maps/m…
Phone: Chris Baum (650)-703-3856
Event Type: sfpk, monthly, jam
Organized By: Peninsula Parkour
Latest Activity: Aug 23, 2011
This month's jam location is: CARLMONT HIGH SCHOOL
Peninsula Parkour will be holding our first monthly jam at a well hidden gem know as Carlmont High School. Carlmont is built upon multiple levels that zigg zag and cross providing the perfect location for traucers of all skill levels.
We will start at 11:00 am with a warm up followed by a beginners class. During the beginners class people can feel free to explore the field area. When the beginners class finishes we will move on as a group to explore the school.
Although you may want to climb on the roofs of this school we have been asked by the administration to remain off them. Near the end of the jam we will do a group clean up of the school so that we can continue to train at this spot in the future. If people can bring Cleaning supplies for walls and collecting trash it would be greatly appreciated.
Directions: The directions and the map below have been provided courtesy of Keenan. There's a map of the campus. There should be plenty of parking on Alameda de las Pulgas
If you're coming from 101 take the Ralston Ave Exit in Belmont, going west. Turn Left at Alameda de las Pulgas. Carlmont will be down a couple blocks on the right.
If you're taking 280, take 92 East toward Hayward. Take the Ralston Exit and turn Left on Ralston. Make a right onto Alameda de las Pulgas. Carlmont will be on the right.
- The Monthly Jam will be held on the 3rd Sunday of each month at 12PM.
- The 2011 schedule and jam description is posted here.
- The scheduled dates and times will be adhered to unless otherwise specified due to holidays, conflicting events, special events, visiting guests etc. This way attendees can plan well ahead of time.
- All ages, sexes, and experience levels welcome! Ages 16 and under must have parental permission.
- Beginners are always welcome and can get help at any of the sessions.
- Each of the sessions will include warmups, help for Beginners, conditioning and training, open jamming, cooldowns and clean-up time.
- Wear comfortable clothing you can move freely in, a good pair of running shoes, and we highly recommend bringing water.
- Please make sure you read and agree to the Jam Waiver before attending any session.
- These monthly SFPK sessions are always free!