This discussion is wholesale stolen from Corn at SFPK, but too good of an idea not to share here.
I notice that we rarely do any PK on scaffolding - mainly for practical reasons, I guess:
- difficult to do it discreetly as a group. However in two's or three's it is excellent training.
- they are often built in a way that doesn't work well for PK (all the bars start too high up).
- they are temporary.
Currently, there is supposed to be a good spot at California and Mason
. I'll try to check it out next week.
Although, scaffolding is great for training rail work, underbars, 'fear of heights' and more - a few words of caution:
- Scaffolding is private property and should be respected as such.
- Scaffolding can be loose or shaky and potentially dangerous. Inspect with care, and proceed with caution.
- Scaffolding can be very high, high enough from which a fall could result in serious injury or even death.
That said, update this thread with the location if there's any good scaffolding up to train on!