Train Hard - Stay Humble
This month's jam location is: MOUNT DIABLO STATE PARK
This year's Nature Jam has been moved to Rock City at Mount Diablo.
This won't be the typical jam, you may not find places to throw your favorite moves here, but it will be a nice change of pace. This spot is a renowned bouldering area that I'm sure you'll all love. Additionally, it's pretty much geographically in the center of the SFPK communities.
State Parks Website for Mt. Diablo State Park
I'm not sure where exactly to park. I'll try to visit the park this weekend to scout it out. Worst case scenario, we park on the summit and enjoy incredible views as we hike down.
Sunday July 17, 2011
Time: Noon - until sunset
What to bring:
I suggest you bring a backpack and stock it well. We may hike in more than a mile from the cars. Please note that you are responsible for bringing the following for yourself:
MONEY: There is a small park entrance fee, assessed per vehicle if I recall correctly. I'll try to call and get a specific figure. The fee should be around $10 per car, but I will check on this.
Water: It may be very hot, summer temperatures regularly exceed 100 degrees in Contra Costa County. Don't get dehydrated, bring several bottles. You may want to bring half a gallon (~2 liters) per person.
Food: Depending on when we decide to start, you may want to pack a lunch. You will definitely need to bring snacks at the very least.
Sunscreen: At least SPF 15, though SPF 30 is probably better.
Bug Spray: Unless you enjoy West Nile.
First Aid Kit: Always a good idea to have bandaids, athletic tape, and an ACE bandage, as well as other supplies.
Cameras: Video and photo cameras are welcome and there will be spectacular views here. On a clear day you can see both Mount Lassen and the Pacific Ocean. Please be courteous and ask other attendees before filming them.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Don't forget to bring your sense of adventure, and a positive attitude! I love you all and can't wait for another awesome monthly jam.
Additional info and carpool discussion at the original sfpk thread.
- The Monthly Jam will be held on the 3rd Sunday of each month at 12PM.
- The 2011 schedule and jam description is posted here.
- The scheduled dates and times will be adhered to unless otherwise specified due to holidays, conflicting events, special events, visiting guests etc. This way attendees can plan well ahead of time.
- All ages, sexes, and experience levels welcome! Ages 16 and under must have parental permission.
- Beginners are always welcome and can get help at any of the sessions.
- Each of the sessions will include warmups, help for Beginners, conditioning and training, open jamming, cooldowns and clean-up time.
- Wear comfortable clothing you can move freely in, a good pair of running shoes, and we highly recommend bringing water.
- Please make sure you read and agree to the Jam Waiver before attending any session.
- These monthly SFPK sessions are always free!