Bay Area Parkour

Train Hard - Stay Humble

A communal brainstorming at yesterday's BApk year-end party generated a valuable effort to finalize AND produce a new shirt, updating the classic 2.0 version.

A dozen motivated (!) practitioners pre-selected (and modeled!) the "various" options below, which have all pros and cons, but gave us a chance of narrowing down a couple of points:

- this will be done in 2014, no rush, since we are not going anywhere, but let's get it done (!!);

- a pricey shirt (+/-$30)  is ok, provided it's very good quality/brand, and technical fabric;

- no cotton, unless a minimal percentage (15%) for softness, but probably not;

- no recycled material, which would be nice, but we'll recycle something else;  :)

- no sleeveless, or long sleeve shirt, or compression shirt, or loose fit; let's simplify;

- no white (gets stained), no black (heats up) shirts, no matter how cool they are;

- color will be depending on availability, but shades of blue: from baby-powder (unlikely) to dark blue, through blue royal, which is the existing color and (slightly) preferred;

- graphics will be white;

- we will shop for shirts on-line, based on above criteria, narrow down and post the final choices, have people select their size, pre-pay it, custom print them, and deliver them at sessions (phew!);

Next steps (goal is within January 10, 2014):

- defining graphics (separate thread here);

- selecting and posting available shirts.

Stay tuned and freely comment.

Sports Basement 2013 party pre-selection:

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've  contacted Patagonia and we could order apparel through their team program. Check out these shirts:

http://www.patagonia.com/us/patagonia.go?assetid=46907

Capilene 1 is very light weight and has good wicking properties. I had a short-sleeve (lost it kayaking) and have a long-sleeve version which I have worn a few times to Sundays and I like them. Maybe a little less durable than cotton when rolling on concrete, but a lot of ultimate teams use them for diving on grass so they aren't fragile.
Patagonia doesn't do the screenprinting, but there is a link to their recommended vendor on their site. With tech fabrics, I would want to make sure whoever we use has experience printing on the material. I will enquire about local printers and then we can determine final price including screen printing. When we ordered for my college ultimate team last spring, folks paid $30 for SS, $35 for LS, though the price may vary with quantity and markup (aka fundraising).

I'd take a large short sleeve one of these

Not trying to rep Nike but here is something to think about. Even on regular price, NIke has their fitted t-shirts at $22. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nike-legend-dri-fit-poly-training... They are on clearence right now and sold out. They are 100% polyester. 

this might be a better fit. I'll bring in a cut-off for you guys to see the material since i have hte sleeveless version. Darker blue as well. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nike-legend-dri-fit-poly-training...

I vote Patagonia.
Still working on this.
Stay tuned, but please express a preference ("me too!", "I wear a 15.25" neck...", etc.) if you feel so.
:)

RSS

Why Donate?

Latest Activity

Profile IconNoHero, Eugene and SafeNSure are attending Bay Area Parkour's event
Thumbnail

Basic Training 12/9 SFSU/Hensill Hall + at SFSU/Hensill Hall

December 9, 2018 from 12pm to 3pm
Sunday
Bay Area Parkour's event was featured
Thumbnail

Basic Training 12/9 SFSU/Hensill Hall + at SFSU/Hensill Hall

December 9, 2018 from 12pm to 3pm
Dec 2
Profile IconNoHero and Eugene are attending Bay Area Parkour's event
Thumbnail

Basic Training 12/2 at Christopher PG and Glen Canyon

December 2, 2018 from 12pm to 3:30pm
Dec 2
Alyssa Kim is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Dec 2
SafeNSure is attending Bay Area Parkour's event
Thumbnail

Dec 1
Thumbnail

Nov 29
Bay Area Parkour commented on Bay Area Parkour's event BASIC TRAINING 11/11 CANCELLED!
Nov 11
Bay Area Parkour updated an event
Thumbnail

BASIC TRAINING 11/11 CANCELLED! at UC Berkeley

November 11, 2018 from 12pm to 3:30pm
Nov 11
Thumbnail

BASIC TRAINING 11/4 UC Berkeley [Doe Library] at UC Berkeley

November 4, 2018 from 12pm to 3:30pm
Nov 3
NERFFEX might attend Bay Area Parkour's event