Train Hard - Stay Humble
A communal brainstorming at yesterday's BApk year-end party generated a valuable effort to finalize AND produce a new shirt, updating the classic 2.0 version.
A dozen motivated (!) practitioners pre-selected (and modeled!) the "various" options below, which have all pros and cons, but gave us a chance of narrowing down a couple of points:
- this will be done in 2014, no rush, since we are not going anywhere, but let's get it done (!!);
- a pricey shirt (+/-$30) is ok, provided it's very good quality/brand, and technical fabric;
- no cotton, unless a minimal percentage (15%) for softness, but probably not;
- no recycled material, which would be nice, but we'll recycle something else; :)
- no sleeveless, or long sleeve shirt, or compression shirt, or loose fit; let's simplify;
- no white (gets stained), no black (heats up) shirts, no matter how cool they are;
- color will be depending on availability, but shades of blue: from baby-powder (unlikely) to dark blue, through blue royal, which is the existing color and (slightly) preferred;
- graphics will be white;
- we will shop for shirts on-line, based on above criteria, narrow down and post the final choices, have people select their size, pre-pay it, custom print them, and deliver them at sessions (phew!);
Next steps (goal is within January 10, 2014):
- defining graphics (separate thread here);
- selecting and posting available shirts.
Stay tuned and freely comment.
Sports Basement 2013 party pre-selection:
I've contacted Patagonia and we could order apparel through their team program. Check out these shirts:
I'd take a large short sleeve one of these
Not trying to rep Nike but here is something to think about. Even on regular price, NIke has their fitted t-shirts at $22. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nike-legend-dri-fit-poly-training... They are on clearence right now and sold out. They are 100% polyester.
this might be a better fit. I'll bring in a cut-off for you guys to see the material since i have hte sleeveless version. Darker blue as well. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nike-legend-dri-fit-poly-training...