Bay Area Parkour

Train Hard - Stay Humble

Would people prefer...

... to have a silent session during our weekend jams, perhaps 30-45 minutes.
...to have the silent session seperate from other training events?

Are people open to new Ideas to include in training...

Meditation: We will breathe in unity to quiet your mind and bring the spiritual energy into your training. I find that if you quiet the mind, the body may speak clearer. In one of my academic classes, my teacher rings a gong in which we do a short 3-5 minute meditation, and focus of the class is usually much stronger. Meditation is also a preliminary way to release stress and tension in your body before you stretch, condition, or train. This is a very important element I would like to start using in these Silent Training Sessions.

Blane's 300 Goal (The Law of Averages): Perfect repititions in a row of a particular movement or pass of not 300 times(Which took Blane 4 hours or more, he suceeded with 301). but more like 25/50/75/100 and plus.

Stealth Training: Silence is the demonstration of muscular capability, aim for a period of quietness in the actual movements themselves as well as for efficiency and speed.

Please reply with your feedback to the session times preferences and new ideas to supplement training.

Are people down with Fridays at 4:00 or 4:30? And if so what is a good place for everyone?
If you have any ideas contact me at (650) 515 8432, as I am late to check BAPK sometimes when I get home.

POSSIBLE LOCATION FOR NEXT SESSION: Christopher Playground 5210 Diamond Heights Boulevard
San Francisco, CA 94131

A fairly quiet and peaceful area, relatively empty most of the time because of its discreet location.

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

I shouldn't have much say because I haven't been attending the weekend jams (although I'm going to start showing up again.)

Anyway I think it would be cool to have a separate session. Since this is a serious group that you've started, and the people in it want to train hard, we should have our own day.
I don't think that training silently = training hard, necessarily.
More: training silently = training focused.

A lot of people train hard while chit-chatting all the time... different personalities and mindsets.
That is true. =)
Glad you've got the point ^^. This is about improving the quality of training.
My preference goes to a separate session, because I don't feel like obligating anybody to do, or observe, what I/we do.

This doesn't mean that we can have moments of silence, or detaching a small group from the the wider trainings (depending on space), but hoping to get 45' of quite time seems unrealistic...

Also, I'm not completely sold on the endless repetitions; I guess it depends on the technique trained.
Parkour is a very explosive discipline, and I feel that at "our level" (in a VERY generic sense, physical and technical...), the optimum balance between memorizing and performing (safely) a sufficiently clean technique is somewhere between 15 and 30 repetitions.
But maybe that's just me...
Well it's the idea of repetitions itself. I usually do 10-20. As long as it repititions. And I think a seperate session would be better too...I should chnage the movement's of silence...it was a joke...lol
I certainly wouldn't have a problem with people incorporating these things at any session. However, I think to fully realize your goals, a separate session would be more effective.
...any chance we can give it a shot tomorrow, Friday 3/6, 4:00/4:30PM?
I will give it a shot..available around 4:30pm today...let me know if y'all do something..
Sorry for checking in too late. Friday seems to be an optimal day to try this. Sorry I missed out on the call for 4:30.
I'm sorry you missed it, because we ended up chatting like old-wives (mainly I)... Lol!

I was promptly punished by missing a step-up (!) on a rail and messing up my shin alright...
:\

Waaay more focused next time!
haha ^^

RSS

Why Donate?

Latest Activity

Johnson Flava is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 9, 2023
Sankar Sundarapandian is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 10, 2023
Peace is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 2, 2023
Avik Jain is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Apr 19, 2022
ANDREA BOZZI is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 16, 2022
Drax is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Jan 15, 2022
María Belén Giraudo Velez is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Oct 13, 2021
Stephanie Ann Foster is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Sep 30, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a status
"Summer parkour jam https://fb.me/e/4xLSvV4Bd"
Jun 23, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a photo
Jun 23, 2021
Bennett Parry is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 21, 2021
S Abud is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 20, 2021
rift33 posted a status
"I just wanted to stop in and say hi I'm sure there still is some people on here that will remember me from back in the days."
Dec 16, 2020
Michael Matey commented on Parapsycho's group East Bay Traceurs
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey joined Parapsycho's group
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Nov 13, 2020

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by SafeNSure.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service