Bay Area Parkour

Train Hard - Stay Humble

yesterday, in speaking with Elf and *insert Mike's screen name* the topic came up about trespassing on grounds that obviously we're not supposed to be. it seems that most people do not have any reserve. but some do (rightfully) have an issue with it. i personally don't mind using prohibited space until somebody says something. "public" to me is almost anywhere somewhat accessible. but are there even places that are "legal" to do parkour that a whole group can practice without leaving anyone behind?

some time after Mara and Mike left, our group was asked (ok, told) to leave (not even that nicely this time), and we did. no defiance or anything like that. the kicker-outer said that this was "not an open campus and you need a permit to be here." actually, it was quite open. the gate was unlocked, and there were other people there...

as usual, we don't want to paint that "bad-ass" picture of parkour. do we keep trying words kaos tries like "exercising" or "plyometrics?" the ongoing discussion continues; what do we do, where do we go, how do we respond?

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very true, mold, tetanus, and abestos is a big issue on the island. It's not even the biggest problem. They have a whole bunch of cemicals left over from when the navy held the territory. I figured these wouldn't have been to big of a problem, given everyone kept to the outside of the buildings. Y'all tried it in the past and didn't like it, I won't put the time into throwing up a map. The area I was thinking was best was a block or two away from the YMCA too. 
Has anyone called and made an appointment with whomever could grant us weekend access to GWHS?

I think an official blue t-shirt, a ring binder full of waivers and a short, typed, mission statement combined with a vague explanation of what we're doing and our policy of leaving no trace couldn't hurt at all.

It's not like if they said "no" that we'd stop.

I'd be willing to do it if no one else would. Seriously.

There are 2 outcomes; One, it works and we all split the cost of whatever fee they want for legal use of the space. Two, it doesn't work, and since I'll omit WHEN we'd train, things remain the same.

I think that restictions haven't killed skateboarding, why would they kill parkour?

RSS

Why Donate?

Latest Activity

Johnson Flava is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 9, 2023
Sankar Sundarapandian is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 10, 2023
Peace is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 2, 2023
Avik Jain is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Apr 19, 2022
ANDREA BOZZI is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 16, 2022
Drax is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Jan 15, 2022
María Belén Giraudo Velez is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Oct 13, 2021
Stephanie Ann Foster is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Sep 30, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a status
"Summer parkour jam https://fb.me/e/4xLSvV4Bd"
Jun 23, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a photo
Jun 23, 2021
Bennett Parry is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 21, 2021
S Abud is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 20, 2021
rift33 posted a status
"I just wanted to stop in and say hi I'm sure there still is some people on here that will remember me from back in the days."
Dec 16, 2020
Michael Matey commented on Parapsycho's group East Bay Traceurs
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey joined Parapsycho's group
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Nov 13, 2020

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by SafeNSure.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service