Bay Area Parkour

Train Hard - Stay Humble

Alrite, today i've been THINKING xd, thinking about that we all are teachers,
maybe some people haven't that much experience YET! but later they have, and when they have,
he will learn others Technique's and other stuff, and im sure everybody wants that your "students" or others tracers will learn parkour on the right way, so, @ the winter i have got a gym ( just a little one )
and its full of trickers,freerunners and also tracers.. so there is one tracer who says: I've doing parkour for 4 years now" and teaches other people who come to the gym parkour, also i'm one of them, but i don't listen to him, because he has an other way of thinking what parkour is and how to teach others, also i do stuff "beter" then him... so i trained more??? maybe, but my problem is, that the people who he teach that they learn from the wrong way, i have already tried to say that its the wrong way how he teaches but, he say's: don't interupt my way of thinking, so i don't
now when i'm there i just train on my own and not with that group anymore, also i have a "student" that i teach parkour, and i can tell you, my kid already passes them out with parkour experience, i don't say he's better then his students i only say, his technique's and experience are better because i let him train outside and not inside, but i want to do something bigger, i want to teach people parkour too, maybe i don't have the best technique's but i understand them, i can learn them all i know, and i think that is much, i want to teach people on the right way not on the wrong way, so i think i ganna take action and ganna start a training around my neighbourhood outside, and i will see how much people will react or have interest, but this i just wanted to let u know!, now is the Question:

How do you think about: Teaching other people and how to teach but also: Are "we" responsible for the next generation of traceurs? i think: yes we are, and we must teach them on the right way..

Let me know what u think!!!

peace & keep on training!

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes!!! I think we are responsible for the next generation. We much teach beginners well!

We are also all beginners!!! (Unless anyone on this site has been training for like ten years)
"If" and "how to" teach is a VERY heated topic around the Parkour World (you must have heard about the Parkour Generation and Majestic Force -a.k.a. "Yamakasi"- certification...), so I'm going to leave you with just two thoughts, both BApk motto, a bit generic, but that I fully endorse:

- "Good teachers create more teachers, not more students", and the best satisfaction for a teacher should be seeing his/her students getting more skilled, more experienced, more powerful, more controlled than him/herself;

- "Teachers open the door, you enter by yourself", meaning that a good teacher has to be an inspiration, but what she/he really should teach is how to keep on learning by yourself, how to find your motivations and how to overcome doubts and difficulties.

On the responsibility issue, instead, I'm much more determined to speak my mind: all we do in life has consequences, direct and indirect; your action today will influence your being tomorrow, and your approach to life will affect the way you will relate to happy, challenging or sad moments in your life.

We that in mind, you know that with any of your actions you are affecting the people immediately next to you.
If you practice a lot, you'll be around less experienced traceurs; if you practice long enough you'll be around the next generation of traceurs.
Your actions ARE going to influence them... you ARE going to be responsible for your actions and for their influence.
And as you are, "we" ALL are... even the ones that might think they are not... they still are...
:)
"- "Teachers open the door, you enter by yourself", meaning that a good teacher has to be an inspiration, but what she/he really should teach is how to keep on learning by yourself, how to find your motivations and how to overcome doubts and difficulties."

WORD. It is sooooooo important to learn how to teach yourself movements, and to be able to teach other people to teach themselves movements!
Everyone who watches you do a movement can tell you what you can do better (more spring in the take off, no two feet, reach, faster, higher, dont land so hard) So anyone who watches you can tell ya something to try. Doesnt mean you gotta keep it...
I dont think one can really be better than another... and why be focused on passing someone?

besides how is he teaching them in the wrong way?

also please teach for fee!
*"free"?
Yeah.

Teach for free. A guy on SFPK is trying to charge money for outside classes. That's bull in my opinionn.
...agreed, I was calling Kirill upon his spelling.
;)
Yeah, it couldn't imagine Kirill telling people to teach for a fee.
He isnt focussing on their landings and their techniqeu's he say's just do it, but most of them are landing on their heels what in my seeing is a bad thing, also they mostley langing trough 90*, i ain't focussed on passing someone but it just the way it is, and i agree no one can be better then a other tracer, they only have more expierence or a better technique that is why i put "better" like that.

RSS

Why Donate?

Latest Activity

Johnson Flava is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 9, 2023
Sankar Sundarapandian is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 10, 2023
Peace is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 2, 2023
Avik Jain is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Apr 19, 2022
ANDREA BOZZI is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 16, 2022
Drax is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Jan 15, 2022
María Belén Giraudo Velez is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Oct 13, 2021
Stephanie Ann Foster is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Sep 30, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a status
"Summer parkour jam https://fb.me/e/4xLSvV4Bd"
Jun 23, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a photo
Jun 23, 2021
Bennett Parry is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 21, 2021
S Abud is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 20, 2021
rift33 posted a status
"I just wanted to stop in and say hi I'm sure there still is some people on here that will remember me from back in the days."
Dec 16, 2020
Michael Matey commented on Parapsycho's group East Bay Traceurs
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey joined Parapsycho's group
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Nov 13, 2020

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by SafeNSure.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service