Bay Area Parkour

Train Hard - Stay Humble

OK I've been meaning to do this for a while. Living in the mid bay area (mid peninsula specifically),I haven't seen too many spots near me. Sure there are plenty of spots both to the south and north of here, but I'd like to find more locations near me and perhaps along the mid point of others' travels up and down the peninsula. 

I am going to be on the look out for new spots in the mid bay, San Mateo county area, and post any findings here. If you know any good spots please share.

//EDIT// There is now a Map to go along with this madness. If you click on the link at the top of the page it will reveal to you all its wonders. Also all findings are being thrown here.

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you might want to try out some schools, like the college of san mateo. i have never been there personally but it looks okay on google. :-0
San Mateo Highschool

After running into fellow peninsula natives, Gene and Chris, we met for a jam at SMHS. Not locked behind a fence, the school offers plenty of outdoor areas that are free to explore through the weekends. When enrolled in Hi-Skool, San Mateo was the spot for my summer school re-educations, so the campus may still be in business through the summer weeks. But for the weekends it's pretty barren, and we haven't run into any security forces. The campus is pretty large with more than a few points of interest.

Our old friends railings and tables make themselves present including a ludicrous lengthwise kong across 4 tables. :P It is good for drilling kongs in groups. There are elevated areas who will let you play on them if you promise to practice safe pk. Wallrun and precision work are possible at several spots too. The campus proved versatile and a lot of fun at our Sunday Jam.

We hope to explore more spots like this soon and share our findings.
This place looks like fun!
Suh-weeeet!
@ Puck and Duperhero

Ryder Park is the one by the bay off of Third Avenue? If that's the one I agree it's worth checking out. There’s a cool modern play structure, an aesthetically pleasing bridge, a stair case that just goes into the water, and a hill with a jogging trail and some musical artwork on top of it.

I never thought of Beresford Elementary, I know Beresford Park is sort of flat with not much to offer.

Anything Hillsborough is gonna mean lots of cops and/or security, but it’s worth it to check out if not just to see how understanding their protection sector is.

I checked out Aragon and Baywood Elementary (right next door) yesterday there wasn't much: some rails at Aragon and way too many rails at Baywood, though they weren't very sturdy. I remember when I went to Aragon High School (or Dragon High School according to the vandalized sign) there weren’t many places to sit down to eat. And it’s still the truth! There's one pic-nic table everything else is wide open spaces. As for Baywood, it’s the opposite. Everything is crowded and cramped. Tables packed too close and gratuitous amounts of railings. Some good flow work. Just check your surfaces. Some were less sturdy than others. Also watch your head! Some doorways and ceilings were only about 6 ft tall!

I agree with both of you guys CSM looks like a great place, and will have to be the next big exploration. On the subject of colleges there's also Cañada (not Canada) College.

Also I haven't heard of Charter Square before gonna have to look into that.
ahh yeah! i can't believe i forgot. definitely gotta check out csm. good stuff with the pictures.

CSM UPDATE: The School has undergone a remodel. There's a lot of fun new stuff to train at varrying heights now. Still that Staircase on the hill is one of my favorite things though.

Well it's been a while and Chris has created a Mid Peninsula group since. The info from this forum Migrated to the group's SPOTS discussion. We now have a map and I'm still trying to put together photos of each spot, but Adrian Brody didn't stop when he reached the end of the universe so why should I.

Check out the map at the top of the discussion and also be sure to check out our group.
Found some more spots recently.
This is also in the SPOTS Discussion of the Mid Peninsula Group

First off is Twin Pines Park in Belmont, on Ralston Ave off up the hill from El Camino Real. Location of the Annual Chocolate Festival, this park has lots of trees. Though these aren't your grand dad's trees they're tough as nails, can hold your wait and low to the ground. Needless to say they are great fun to train on. There are plenty of picnic tables and a couple of playgrounds, just watch out for kids and don't scare away the parents. The park is divided by a not so mighty river into 2 picnic areas, a bridge connects them.

Next, is Boothbay Park, on the corner of Edgewater and Boothbay. It's another Foster City spot for all you foster kids! Chris Trained here recently. Here's a short video showing some of what the park has to offer.

There are some other spots along Ralston Ave worth checking out closer: Ralston Middle School, Notre Dame De Namur University, and Carlmont High School on Alameda De Las Pulgas off of Ralston.

4 new spots have been updated to the map.

San Bruno

Skyline College

A small School with a great view. We have only explored this school a little bit but there are some fun possiblities to be found here.

San Bruno City Park

Like Twin Pines in Belmont San Bruno City park is a Park in the middle of wilderness in the middle of a city. Near the low end of the hill, there are several large playgrounds and boulders to play on. Up the hill, are more wooded areas. A lot of the trees grow strong and low to the ground here; Good trees to train on.
A fall back spot to Capuchino and a great spot for a picnic

Allen Elementary School

Decima M Allen School. That would have been so bad ass if it was Decima School. Home of the Roadrunners, Allen school is a hidden gem Stumbled upon by taking a wrong turn while navigating the San Bruno hills. Lots of railings and raised platforms. Schools on hills are the best. This is a good fallback spot from Capuchino High, but of course not nearly as big as cap.

Burlingame

Washington Park and Burlingame Highschool

A 2for1, this. Washington parks got some fun playgrounds YAY and picnic tables. across the baseball field is BHS, there is some remodeling going on. but you can find some spots around the buildings. Also close by is the burlingame library, the parking garage is a lot of fun there. Just be mindful of cars.

One other spot I don't think I've mentioned before is the Burlingame Library. The parking structure behind the building is really cool and worth checking out. Just South West of BHS

That's all for now. Please tell us if you know any good spots in San Mateo County. Let's try to fill the areas between SF and SJ. There's gotta be some great stuff in Millbrea, Redwood City, Woodside, Half Moon Bay anyone?

RSS

Why Donate?

Latest Activity

Johnson Flava is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 9, 2023
Sankar Sundarapandian is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 10, 2023
Peace is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 2, 2023
Avik Jain is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Apr 19, 2022
ANDREA BOZZI is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 16, 2022
Drax is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Jan 15, 2022
María Belén Giraudo Velez is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Oct 13, 2021
Stephanie Ann Foster is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Sep 30, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a status
"Summer parkour jam https://fb.me/e/4xLSvV4Bd"
Jun 23, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a photo
Jun 23, 2021
Bennett Parry is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 21, 2021
S Abud is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 20, 2021
rift33 posted a status
"I just wanted to stop in and say hi I'm sure there still is some people on here that will remember me from back in the days."
Dec 16, 2020
Michael Matey commented on Parapsycho's group East Bay Traceurs
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey joined Parapsycho's group
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Nov 13, 2020

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by SafeNSure.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service