Bay Area Parkour

Train Hard - Stay Humble

A communal brainstorming at yesterday's BApk year-end party generated a valuable effort to finalize AND produce a new shirt, updating the classic 2.0 version.

A dozen motivated (!) practitioners pre-selected (and modeled!) the "various" options below, which have all pros and cons, but gave us a chance of narrowing down a couple of points:

- this will be done in 2014, no rush, since we are not going anywhere, but let's get it done (!!);

- a pricey shirt (+/-$30)  is ok, provided it's very good quality/brand, and technical fabric;

- no cotton, unless a minimal percentage (15%) for softness, but probably not;

- no recycled material, which would be nice, but we'll recycle something else;  :)

- no sleeveless, or long sleeve shirt, or compression shirt, or loose fit; let's simplify;

- no white (gets stained), no black (heats up) shirts, no matter how cool they are;

- color will be depending on availability, but shades of blue: from baby-powder (unlikely) to dark blue, through blue royal, which is the existing color and (slightly) preferred;

- graphics will be white;

- we will shop for shirts on-line, based on above criteria, narrow down and post the final choices, have people select their size, pre-pay it, custom print them, and deliver them at sessions (phew!);

Next steps (goal is within January 10, 2014):

- defining graphics (separate thread here);

- selecting and posting available shirts.

Stay tuned and freely comment.

Sports Basement 2013 party pre-selection:

Views: 358

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've  contacted Patagonia and we could order apparel through their team program. Check out these shirts:

http://www.patagonia.com/us/patagonia.go?assetid=46907

Capilene 1 is very light weight and has good wicking properties. I had a short-sleeve (lost it kayaking) and have a long-sleeve version which I have worn a few times to Sundays and I like them. Maybe a little less durable than cotton when rolling on concrete, but a lot of ultimate teams use them for diving on grass so they aren't fragile.
Patagonia doesn't do the screenprinting, but there is a link to their recommended vendor on their site. With tech fabrics, I would want to make sure whoever we use has experience printing on the material. I will enquire about local printers and then we can determine final price including screen printing. When we ordered for my college ultimate team last spring, folks paid $30 for SS, $35 for LS, though the price may vary with quantity and markup (aka fundraising).

I'd take a large short sleeve one of these

Not trying to rep Nike but here is something to think about. Even on regular price, NIke has their fitted t-shirts at $22. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nike-legend-dri-fit-poly-training... They are on clearence right now and sold out. They are 100% polyester. 

this might be a better fit. I'll bring in a cut-off for you guys to see the material since i have hte sleeveless version. Darker blue as well. http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/nike-legend-dri-fit-poly-training...

I vote Patagonia.
Still working on this.
Stay tuned, but please express a preference ("me too!", "I wear a 15.25" neck...", etc.) if you feel so.
:)

RSS

Why Donate?

Latest Activity

Johnson Flava is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 9, 2023
Sankar Sundarapandian is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 10, 2023
Peace is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 2, 2023
Avik Jain is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Apr 19, 2022
ANDREA BOZZI is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 16, 2022
Drax is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Jan 15, 2022
María Belén Giraudo Velez is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Oct 13, 2021
Stephanie Ann Foster is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Sep 30, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a status
"Summer parkour jam https://fb.me/e/4xLSvV4Bd"
Jun 23, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a photo
Jun 23, 2021
Bennett Parry is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 21, 2021
S Abud is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 20, 2021
rift33 posted a status
"I just wanted to stop in and say hi I'm sure there still is some people on here that will remember me from back in the days."
Dec 16, 2020
Michael Matey commented on Parapsycho's group East Bay Traceurs
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey joined Parapsycho's group
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Nov 13, 2020

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by SafeNSure.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service