Bay Area Parkour

Train Hard - Stay Humble

BApk friend (and guest, back in early April '08 -lower presidio outing-) Killian Morgan started a class with the local YMCA in Westport (CT).

Following the abstract of the class:
An Activity with the aim of moving from one point to another as efficiently as possible. Using principally the abilities of the human body. Parkour focuses on practicing efficient movements to develop one's body and mind. It has no set of rules, team work, or competitiveness. Parkour influences one's thought process by enhancing self-confidence. An important characteristic of parkour is efficiency. Practitioners move not only as fast as they can, but also in the most direct and efficient way possible, which places more emphasis on freedom of movement. Efficiency also involves avoiding injuries, short and long term, part of why Parkour's unofficial motto is “etre et durer” (to be and to last).
This movement based class will teach you balance, control, core strength, rolling, landing, and vaulting. Try this exciting new class to get you on your feet and moving through your environment in the fastest and most efficient way. For beginners through advanced practitioners, ages 11 through adult.
>>

Kudos to him and good luck to everybody for the "sustainable" growth of Parkour!
[source PKNA]

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow it looks like parkour really has been growing! when i first went out on one of those sunday things there were like 6-7 ppl
I'm really glad you found this, SNS! I brought my interest in having something like this at our Y to our group ex director a few wks ago. He's been out this past wk with some family issue, and I'll be out of town for a good chunk of next 2 wks, so it's on hold at least through end of October. Actually, I may visit my sister in CT while I'm back east, and Westport can be a stop if I drive--maybe the timing can work out so I can try this class--?
I'm positive Chris and I can work it out w/Killian...

He also sent me the PDF of the original Fall catalog.
I'll forward it to you later in the afternoon...

RSS

Why Donate?

Latest Activity

Johnson Flava is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 9, 2023
Sankar Sundarapandian is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 10, 2023
Peace is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 2, 2023
Avik Jain is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Apr 19, 2022
ANDREA BOZZI is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Mar 16, 2022
Drax is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Jan 15, 2022
María Belén Giraudo Velez is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Oct 13, 2021
Stephanie Ann Foster is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Sep 30, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a status
"Summer parkour jam https://fb.me/e/4xLSvV4Bd"
Jun 23, 2021
Leomar Zunguka Walker posted a photo
Jun 23, 2021
Bennett Parry is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
May 21, 2021
S Abud is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Feb 20, 2021
rift33 posted a status
"I just wanted to stop in and say hi I'm sure there still is some people on here that will remember me from back in the days."
Dec 16, 2020
Michael Matey commented on Parapsycho's group East Bay Traceurs
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey joined Parapsycho's group
Nov 13, 2020
Michael Matey is now a member of Bay Area Parkour
Nov 13, 2020

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by SafeNSure.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service